International Convention Center, Jeju, Korea
June 24-28, 2013.
The IMSC (http://cccma.seos.uvic.ca/imsc/) has been organized by a group of independent climatologists and statisticians since 1979. The aim of IMSC is to promote good statistical practice in the atmospheric and climate sciences and to maintain and enhance the lines of communication between the
atmospheric and statistical science communities.
The 12th IMSC will be jointly organized by the National Institute of Meteorological Research (NIMR) and the IMSC Steering Committee and will be sponsored by the Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA), the Korean Meteorological Society, the Korean Statistical Society, the Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium (PCIC), and the Institute for Mathematics Applied to Geosciences (IMAGe)/National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR).
Oral presentations and posters are invited on all topics related to the analysis of climate variability and change on global, regional and local scales, and to advances in relevant statistical techniques, including Bayesian and non-Bayesian methods. A series of thematic sessions will address issues including:
- Data homogenization and climate trends/variability assessment
- Next generation climate data products
- Reconstruction and interpretation of past climates
- Spatial and spatiotemporal analysis of climate data
- Non-linear methods for climate analysis
- Forecast verification
- Ensemble methods and uncertainty quantification
- CMIP5 model evaluation, prediction, and projection
- Detection and attribution, downscaling, and impacts
- Weather and climate extremes – statistical modeling and event attribution
- Large-scale climate variability and teleconnections
- Global/regional change in water cycle including monsoon
The deadline for abstract submission is February 28, 2013. Full details on registration, abstract submission, and session programs will be available from December 1, 2012 at the website www.imsc2013.org.